Fees & payment
- All fees for training are not subject to sales tax.
- Fees are payable using a valid debit or credit card via our secure PayPal portal ONLY.
- All fees are collected by Passive House Academy Inc. Company number 45-2907646, Registered Address 131 Union Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231.
- If a deposit payment has been made against your registration, full payment will be requested up to 3 days prior to the start date of Module 1.
- Failure to settle invoices prior to the commencement of the course will result in a late payment charge of $60 or 10% of the invoice total, whichever is greater.
- Confirmation of attendance on any booked workshop will be subject to receipt of full payment being received prior to the workshop date. In the event that full payment is not received more than 24 hours prior to the date of the workshop then Passive House Academy reserve the right to cancel registration and refuse entry to the workshop.
- A receipt for your transaction will be issued to you, via email, upon successful registration and receipt of payment in full. We aim to issue receipts within 7 days of your registration.
- Bookings may be made via the training website.
- To qualify for the funding support, you need to be employed, live or work in the state of New York, and pay into the system benefit charge (SBC) and/or Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard (EEPS) program. If you purchase electricity or natural gas from any of the following utility companies, most likely you will qualify for support: Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corporation, Consolidated Edison Company of NY, Inc., New York State Electric and Gas Corporation, National Grid, Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., and Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation.
- NYSERDA funding is provided on the provision that all relevant personal information is completed correctly during registration.
- NYSERDA funding requires the trainee to complete pre and post survey forms relating to the course they sit. These forms will be provided by the trainer and should be completed during the course and given back to your trainer.
- Failure to comply with sections 2 & 3 of the "NYSERDA Funding" conditions will result in the attendee being charged the full course fee plus a $60 administration fee.
- Cancellations will be accepted, and a full refund provided minus a $60 administration fee up to 14 working days prior to the first advertised day of the event where a working day is classed as a week day, Monday toFriday. Any cancellations received on or after 14 working days prior to the event will be charged in full.
- Failure to attend a workshop will result in the attendee being charged, in full, for all booked days.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate may take his/her place. Notification must be received in writing one week prior to the workshop, after which time we reserve the right to refuse any changes to the booking.
- Passive House Academy do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to delegates`own property and/or personal effects caused by events beyond its control, including (but without limitation) fire, flood, strikes, civil disturbances or for consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
- The participant acknowledges that he/she has no right to lodge damage claims against the organisers should the holding of the conference be hindered or prevented by political events (such as acts of war, terrorism, danger of hostility etc) or by unexpected economic events or generally a force majeure, or should the non-appearance of speakers or other reasons necessitate programme changes. With his/her registration the participant accepts this proviso.
Facilitator / trainer alterations
- Passive House Academy reserve the right to change the workshop trainer at any time and without notice to attendees
- Accommodation is not being provided as part of the workshop fee/s.
- In the unlikely event that a course has to be cancelled, your deposit will be returned in full. The Passive House Academy will not be held liable for any cost incurred, whether directly or indirectly, resulting from cancellation or change of course date. If the date of a course has to be changed, we
will contact you as soon as possible in advance by e-mail.