€750 which includes three days of direct classroom training from 10.00am to 4.30pm
In response to a significant uptake in the number of Passive House projects underway in Ireland, Passive House Academy is offering a 3-day Masterclass in PHPP and the designPH sketchup plugin.
- Model a project in designPH and learn how to export directly to PHPP
- Independently calculate U-values for different assemblies including effect of point thermal bridges from wall-ties
- Determine the effect of linear thermal bridges on energy balance for the project
- Select and specify key window components, including Psi install values for different construction types
- Determine optimum window energy balance considering heating and cooling demand and ensuring provision of high thermal comfort
- Model the impact of shading on the building energy balance, avoiding overheating and need for mechanical cooling (where possible)
- Determine the optimum ventilation flow rates for your project considering supply and extract needs and selection of appropriate ventilation equipment considering heat recovery efficiency
- Model multiple ventilation units and kitchen or dryer extract (common on non-domestic projects)
- Review space heating demand and heat load with regards to meeting the Passive House standard and optimisation of the envelope and ventilation specification
- Chose an appropriate heating and domestic hot water generation system (whether boiler, heat pump or compact unit)
- Specify the domestic hot water circulation and storage system
- Select appropriate household electrical devices to determine plus loads for the project
- Model alternative renewable energy generation systems including solar thermal and solar PV
- Meet the Primary Energy Renewable requirements and adjust the PHPP model to meet the three Passive House classes of 'Classic', 'Plus' or 'Premium'.
Model Your Own Project
The training will be based around using a model Passive House project as a guide for you to follow during the course. However, you are encouraged to bring your own PHPP model for a real-world Passive House project to practice on during the course. There will be two experienced trainers in-class to assist you adjusting or improving your model as you work through the programme. You are encouraged to work on your Passive House project in the breaks between training days to get a full experience of PHPP and bring questions that will no doubt arise to the tutors for their feedback and guidance.
- Attendees must already have completed prior Passive House training or have direct design or consulting experience on real-world Passive House or high performance projects.
- A general familiarity with PHPP and appreciation of the key worksheets
- Comfortable working experience with both Excel and Sketchup
- Each attendee must have their own laptop with a full working version of Excel, PHPP (Version 8 or later) and designPH as well as the PHPP manual. If you don't have these, they can be purchased directly from Passive House Academy.