The Founders of the Passive House Academy have been providing consulting services and participating in international research programs since 1993.
Passive House Consulting
PHA provides a range of consulting services to private, corporate and Government Clients who are seeking to achieve Passive House status for their projects or products. Whether you need assistance in construction detailing, improvement in your building stock, Passive House educational resources or entrepreneurial development, PHA can provide expert consulting.
Examples of the kinds of services that PHA provides are:
High Performance Construction Detailing
- Thermal bridge free construction details for high performance opaque products, for example aerated concrete blocks in foundation to wall junctions prepared for the Quinn group;
- Window fitting details for Certified Passive House windows produced by Munster Joinery, one of the largest producer of such products in the world;
- System building construction details for Cygnum Homes Passive House manufacturers, who supplied the timber frame envelope to the first Passive House school projects in the UK.
Improvement of Public Building Stock
- Low thermal bridge retrofitting details for the US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL), Champaign, Illinois;
- Passive House Planning Package energy modeling for the first Passive House schools in Ireland for the Planning and Building Unit of Department of Education and Skills;
- Passive House retrofit strategy and construction details for social housing project for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive;
- Passive House Certification for new-build social housing for the UK Oaklee Housing Association.
Development of Educational Resources
- Curriculum development of Certified Passive House Tradesperson training program (Building Envelope and Building Services) for the Irish Further Education and Training Authority;
- Drafting of Passive House Government Guidelines on residential, retrofit and non-domestic projects for the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland;
- Design of Passive House posters for students of construction detailing for the Technoteachers Association.
- Establishment of a Passive House exporters group commissioned by Enterprise Ireland.